Friday, December 26, 2014

Lordy, Lordy...



One day after Christmas in Wisconsin and look who's 40! Mother Nature!

Just typical of the Midwest's atypical weather. We are shoveling in late October and November and ready to get Mr. Deck Chair out of hibernation in December!

OK, I went one too far on that. I did manage to go for a walk/run with minimal layers. Not shorts. Certainly don't need to shave my legs when tomorrow is going to be cold and snowy already.

I know other areas in Wisconsin and Minnesota had their white Christmas. Ours will come late and hopefully not create any hazardous road conditions beyond Saturday. On Sunday, we travel to Minnesota for my family's Christmas. It will be far from 40 degrees, but for now (knock on deck wood), it looks like no precipitation.

In prep for the gathering, I went grocery shopping today for a few things I am making for the potluck. And since I was in Wal-Mart, took advantage of a few "day after Christmas" sales. Just some things for the party. Oh, and a little Reese's peanut butter cup "tree" for me.

Spent my evening wrapping Bunco gifts and watching a Christmas movie. Hubby relaxed in front of a different TV. And Carter is working.

Are we still in the Christmas spirit? Here's a hint. Jim just said: "I wonder if there is anybody else in this town who has 3 eggnog containers in their fridge. I bet you there's grocery stores that don't even have that right now."

OK, OK, I better go have a swig.

Taking my cue from Hawaii, where it's always this "tropical": Mele Kalikimaka to me!



No comments: