Thursday, December 4, 2014

Seasonal Dis-Order

Did you know that 3 weeks from today is Christmas already?? With Thanksgiving falling so late in the month, I feel behind and disorganized with my holiday traditions and "To Do" lists.

So I took today off to get it in order!


I'm not kidding. Plus, I have some vacation time coming to me and I would rather use than lose it. Frankly, it was one of my more productive days – especially holiday-wise.

This morning, I got my Christmas letter done, printed, stuffed in envelopes (while watching a Hallmark movie, of course), then mailed from the Post Office while I was in town running errands. When I got home, I put up the "skinny tree" in our living room corner and decorated it. Decked a few halls and called it good.

This evening, I had my second shift of bell ringing. Carter had to play in Pep Band for the boys basketball game so I flew solo (but did not sing solo, just lip-synced a bit).


True story. I wore this hat last night and maybe had one compliment. Apparently all eyes were on Carter. So tonight I wore it again, hoping to call attention to the Red Kettle even without the presence of a handsome teenager. It worked! I'd say 9 out of 10 people said they loved the hat AND they dropped some love in the bucket!

Sometimes silly can lead to success.

Plus, it was a very warm hat, so I was successful in the anti-freeze department as well.

Things are starting to look orderly.




No comments: