Wednesday, December 10, 2014

The Sly Elf


Once upon a time there was a Sly little elf who was so Sly she got out of working hard at the Toy Shop by hiding in Santa's hat supply. The purr-fect place for napping!

I want to grow up to be just like her.

I'm getting pretty close, too.

Today I had off and I slept in past 8 a.m. That's the first good sign. I saw Sylvester napping in the Santa hat pile and I took a cue from there.

Well I did get a few little projects done. And I put in some time on the treadmill. But then I made sure I knocked off a Hallmark movie. (We don't want to the DVR space to fill up and delete any, do we??) Of course, I wasn't as sly as Sly since Santa works from home and could keep an eye on me. When he did finally leave in the late afternoon to go visit his aunt and uncle in Marshfield, I was out the door shortly after.

Tonight Carter and I had our final bell-ringing shift of the season. It went great. It still amazes me in hard economic times how giving people are. Even just some change out of the pocket is something. To some of them, it probably is a lot to give. I'm sure the Salvation Army will appreciate it!!

Relieving us tonight was a small group we believe was a Spanish teacher and Spanish Club since there were singing Feliz Navidad. Good to see more teens involved!

When we made a quick stop at Wal-Mart on the way home, we saw a group of teen girls ringing at one entrance and a group of boys at the other. We just happen to enter the store there and we knew two of the guys. They were all singing, too. Love seeing that.

It puts me in the Christmas spirit – almost as much as a Hallmark movie... or nap in a Santa hat.


No comments: