Saturday, December 20, 2014

Not To Do List


Things NOT to do on your first day of the weekend AND vacation....

Wake up early: Got that covered. Did wake Carter up around 7:30 to 8 a.m. and figured I'd "just lay down for a few minutes." Next time I looked at the clock it was 11:11 a.m. Oh yeah!!!!

Anything involving a broom, dust cloth, vacuum cleaner, dish towel: Totally played hooky on my Saturday chores. Yes, I know I have to do them tomorrow instead, but it felt good to bypass them for a day.

Work: The easiest way to not work is to stay away from the computer. In fact, when I went into town to the bank, library and store, I didn't even bring my phone with me. Granted, I forgot it on the charger. But I did manage 2 hours without it!

Diet: I didn't overindulge too much, knowing I have to pace myself to keep the Festive Fifteen weight gain down to a Festive Five this year. I actually went for a walk for an hour. Granted, I spent 30 minutes of that talking to the neighbor in her kitchen, but I had good intentions.

Follow a schedule: When a person sleeps 'til almost noon, can they really plan anything? That's fine. I enjoyed an impromptu visit with a girlfriend in the aisles of Wal-Mart. Had a nice phone call with my twin. Visited the neighbor (as mentioned). And, no need to ask, made time to watch a Christmas movie. This one might have been DVR-d from Lifetime instead of Hallmark, but still good. Ha.

I think I did pretty good NOT doing much today. The question is: Can I keep up the pace over the next two weeks?

You know me. I love a challenge!


No comments: