Monday, December 29, 2014

Ring a-Ding-Ding

On the fifth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me: 
5 golden rings!


I realized today my "rings" are actually the circles I am running in as I try to accomplish those New Year's resolutions I made last year ... and again at Lent... and probably reiterated on my birthday.  Ha.

No, I am not suddenly eating right or exercising (too much eggnog and Hallmark around for that). But I do recall a few pledges to declutter and / organize things.

So today I relegated myself to the kitchen. No baking Christmas cookies this time. Just me and my well-intentioned ambition. Ha. I now have a full box of items to donate to charity tomorrow and a bag full of garbage, including expired food and some dish cloths and towels that exceeded their life expectancy long ago.

Then there's those items I am not sure what to do with – like those cute little Vikings baby bibs tucked in the back of the drawer with the potholders. Precious, messy memories!

Tonight I am rewarding myself with a Christmas movie. (Shocker.) I am down to only 3 in the DVR queue. So I need to space these out and during the rest of my vacation. I'll make myself a deal that I have to accomplish something in the day first.

Unless my 6 geese a-laying tomorrow lay a golden egg and I can hire someone to do it for me...

In the meantime, I may have to pick up a few more gigs as that very retired Vikings cheerleader. Here's the photo I promised, courtesy of my sister RoAnn:


I know. Don't quit my day job.



No comments: