Monday, December 15, 2014

It Came Upon a Midnight Clear...







Due to our surprisingly mild temperatures, we have been living under a thick blanket of fog for the past few days. We're talking low visibility Saturday and Sunday and "zero visibility" warned for my commute to work this morning.

It is a good thing I can practically drive to work blindfolded. I know the route pretty well, even in fog and rain ('cause we needed to throw that in the mix). I just hoped others had headlights on – and the deer stayed in the ditches.

Even though the dense fog warning was supposed to expire at noon, the drive home was just as bad. Thankfully, I made it to and from work safely. I kept hoping I'd hear the Christmas carol announcing that "it came upon a midnight (or afternoon) clear," but I had to wait for my music fix later.

The fog has yet to lift.

After work, I met up with some gal pals and attended Assumption's choral Christmas concert. I love Christmas music and was looking forward to seeing / hearing my friend's daughter – and a couple dozen others I know.

This year, instead of holding the concert in the high school gym, it was at one of the churches. The beauty of having your child attend a private Catholic school is that you are free to bring Christ into Christmas concerts, where He belongs!

It was a beautiful program, taking us through the real reason for the season with a Festival of Carols and Lessons about Christ's birth and purpose. Wonderfully done.

After the concert, my bestie and I stopped at the bowling alley to peek in on our hubbies. Jim has become a somewhat permanent weekly sub this season. He was having a good game and I didn't to jinx it by hanging around too long. Plus I wanted to get home in the fog and hear a few more carols.

Maybe tomorrow something will become CLEAR!

Be safe out there.


No comments: