Thursday, December 11, 2014

Old-Fashioned Christmas

The trend of posting old photos on Facebook on Thursdays – ThrowBack Thursdays (or TBT) – is cracking me up.

I am looking at "old" photos from my childhood and shaking my head at what we were wearing. Will guys of today look back in 30 years and realize it was ridiculous to wear their pants low with their boxers hanging out? I hope they realize sooner than that.

But then again, what do I know about fashion? Case in point...


Whoa. I should have warned you to put your drink down so you didn't spew on the keyboard. Scary yet laugh-out-loud stuff, isn't it?

Takes the FASHION out of old-fashioned, that's for sure.

This is from one of our annual Christmas programs for Mom and Dad. I am on the left, then my sis Rachel, twin Lene and brother Ron. The three of us must be singing a beautiful Christmas carol or perhaps new song since we needed the lyrics. My bro is studying up for his part, which looks like it might involve reading Luke Chapter 2.

We still do that program each year and trust me, some of the other outfits have been pretty scary, too! But we were trying to be. I think.

We can't all be as adorable as we were when we were toddlers and could sit on Santa's lap...


Santa showed up at some local hardware store, it seems. It also appears that we are looking off to the side like maybe at Mom, who is scolding me for saying, "Santa, I want what my twin wants... only bigger!"

You never know. That wouldn't be the first time. Or last.

If I was lucky, I may have gotten one of those beautiful carpet squares in the seasonal backdrop. Ahh, the good ol' days.


No comments: